Current Steward Job Openings
Are you passionate about the outdoors and want to help protect the Wild and Scenic Upper Farmington River? We currently are accepting applications for the 2021 Summer River Steward Team. This is the perfect job for students who are pursuing an environmental or conservation degree. Gain valuable experience towards your major while helping the community. Click to view the full job description, and if interested in applying, send your resume and completed Work Application Form to the email address listed in the job description. Deadline for applications is March 19th, 2021.
If you have any questions about this position, please contact us.
Volunteer With Us
How Can You Get Involved and Help the River by Volunteering a Couple Hours of Your Time?
- Periodically there are organized river cleanups held on specific stretches of the river. A few people volunteering a couple hours of their time can make a big difference. Check our calendar of events on the home page when the next cleanup become scheduled.
- Consider 'adopting' a small stretch of river and help keep it clean on a regular basis. Definitely let us know if you are doing this so we can organize our manpower efficiently.
- Be our eyes on the river. The next time you are out on the Farmington and see something that needs reporting, let us know via our contact form. Maybe it is a downed tree creating a hazard in the water or an area of trash that needs to be cleaned up.
- Help with invasive plant control. Many non-native plant species are spreading quickly along the Farmington. If you want to get some good exercise and learn something from our resident plant biologist, contact us and we can let you know when the next opportunity to get involved will be.
- Be part of a team and volunteer during the summer with our River Stewards.